Sunday 10 June 2012

The Home: My Happy Colour



"Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, 
Yeah they were all yellow"
(song "Yellow" by Coldplay)

Yellow is my happy colour. The song "Yellow" by Coldplay always makes me smile when I hear it. In our home we used a palette of white and grey. The purpose of this was to allow colours to pop through art and accessories. Now that spring and summer have arrived I really wanted to implement yellow into our home. I just feel happier around yellow. Yellow has even been implemented into my wardrobe. In our great room, I simply added yellow through a couple throw pillows, I painted some canvases, and the flowers were courtesy of my friend Sabrina. Often people are afraid to use colour in their home, but its not a huge commitment if you add it through simple items like a throw pillow, or even flowers. Test the colour out and maybe one day you will feel more comfortable to paint a feature wall in your happy colour. It can also be used in small amounts, especially if the colour is bold. Colour is more powerful then we think. It can really impact your mood and feelings. If you want to feel happy in your home, I encourage you to take a little risk and add a pop of colour into your space. What is your happy colour?

No comments:

Post a Comment