Wednesday 13 June 2012

The Eats: Local Rib Eye Steak

(gotta get some white plates to show this food off better)

One of my new resolutions is to shop for our food locally more often. I always try to shop mostly organic at the grocery store, but am venturing into the world of local now as well. So yesterday, Stella and I headed to the local butcher store. There I purchased some rib eye steak. We don't eat steak very often, only a handful of times a year maybe. So if we are going to have steak, I want it to taste really good. Our experience at the local butchery was wonderful. The workers at the shop were so kind and helpful. I even asked them about the meat and where it comes from. They were more than willing to tell me all about where and how it is sourced. It was a great adventure and I can definitely see myself heading back there again in the future.

This steak tasted so good. I just marinated it in a very simple mixture of extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, spicy brown mustard, sea salt, and pepper. The toppings on the steak are feta and mushrooms sautéed in a bit of the marinade. I then sided the steak with grilled carrots and mashed sweet potatoes... yum, yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment