Saturday 2 June 2012

Here It Goes...

This is my first attempt at creating a blog. The purpose of my blog is to share with family, friends, and anyone else out there the simple things that put a little smile on my face. In life we have many ups and downs. Durning the hard times, we often need a little escape. Simple things can take our mind off of the trials for a moment so we can catch our breath.

In 2008, after many years of trying, we found out we were having a baby. We were on cloud nine. The pregnancy went very well. At full term I went into labour naturally. Upon arriving at the hospital, the biggest shock of our lives occurred. Due to an umbilical cord accident, our daughter had passed away. On August 8th, 2009, I gave birth to our stillborn baby girl. We named her Macy. Our hearts sunk to the floor and would remain there for the darkest days of our lives.

Life is not perfect. Society tells us that it can be if we have this or that, but all those things give us momentary happiness. I do not believe that momentary happiness is wrong, as long as you can find true joy and healing in your heart from the bumps and bruises in life. Through the grace of God, my husband and I were able to overcome the grief from the loss of our first daughter. We are happy to say that God has blessed us once again with another baby girl. Stella arrived April 11, 2012. We dearly miss Macy every day, but are so thankful for the joy Stella brings us.

This blog represents the simple things that help me momentarily forget the dark side of life. A yummy dinner with friends, an exciting vacation with my family, and creating things around my home that make me remember the blissful side of life. I have so much to be thankful for. This blog is a little slice of my lifestyle that I wish to share with you all.... my Simple Escapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment