Sunday 10 June 2012

The Home: Introduction

My husband and I are coming up to our 8th wedding anniversary. In that time, we have moved 6 times. That is a lot of packing and unpacking. Our friends and family think we are crazy. A couple of those moves were transitional, but the rest were into new houses. Our last move gave us the opportunity to general contract our home, whereas the others we had hired builders. Contracting yourself is a huge job, but well worth it. It takes a lot of time and hard work. I have always loved decorating and design. I can even remember as far back as age 9 or 10 dreaming of decorating my bedroom in different ways. My family has always been in construction, so I guess it was natural for me to follow those footsteps in some aspect. We all have different styles and I always believe its important to respect others choices. My style leans to a more contemporary-modern preference. Our home is our escape. A visual delight that pleases us every day our lives. So I hope you enjoy all of the posts I share about decorating and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment