Sunday 15 July 2012

The Home: Afternoon Art Project

My friend Amy inspired me to create fun art projects using vinyl or painters tape. I am not that great at painting or drawing, so this is an easy way for me to paint a customised canvas for my home. It is super cost effective, so you can change the design or colours once in awhile. Here is my most recent canvas that I did...

How to:

Paint the canvas in a base colour and allow to dry.
Then use painters tape to create the design of your choice. Be sure to really push the edges of the tape down because the paint can bleed sometimes.
Then paint the exposed areas in a different colour/colours.
Remove the tape immediately and allow to dry.

This is what it looks like with the base colour and the painters tape.

Here is the finished product up on a book shelf.

You can also make some super creative canvases using vinyl which I will post about at a later date. Thank you Amy for this creative idea. The possibilities are endless with this project and it really only took me an afternoon to complete (except for drying time).


No comments:

Post a Comment