Wednesday 8 August 2012

The Thoughts: In Memory of Macy

'Macy's Journey' Painted by Marcie Rohr www.papercastle.ca

Today marks the third anniversary of the passing of our first daughter. It is so hard to believe that she would be three years old today. This beautiful painting was created in honour of her journey by our dear friend Marcie Rohr. It hangs in our bedroom. Every morning I wake up looking at this picture and ask God to give her a kiss in heaven for me. Wow, how I wish she was here and yet I know she is safe in the arms of Jesus. The unique thing about this painting is that a week after Macy's passing, Josh and I drove to Kelowna to get out of town. As we drove through the foothills, I could picture Macy as a little girl, dancing in fields of flowers. Awhile later, Marcie sent us this painting. I was so amazed at it. It reminded me of that moment driving in the car, having this vision of her. Thank you so much Marcie for this beautiful painting. It is part of keeping the memory of Macy alive for us daily.

Stella with 'Macy's Journey.' Photo taken by Julie Rice www.papercastle.ca

It was definitely difficult going through another pregnancy after what happened with Macy. I went through more stages of grief. During that time I wrote the following about our dear Macy.

Butterfly go free
Have no fear
Don't look back
In my heart you are near
I will dream of what could be, if only you were here
God's plan for you is different
One day it will all be clear
Fly free

We love and miss you so much Macy.




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Amanda. I miss her and think of her often. Seeing the painting always makes me tear up. Thank you for sharing this post. <3

    ReplyDelete